SUPER BOWL LII TFR
General Information and Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the gateway locations?
i. MSP (Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport)
ii. STP (St. Paul Downtown Airport)
2. What are the screening hours? Screening is only available:
a. February 4, 1630-2230
b. The last reservations will be taken at 2200 to allow time for processing the aircraft and passengers. Reservations will begin at 0001, February 1, 2018
3. Between the 10NMR and the 30NMR general aviation aircraft are allowed to land and depart as long as they Squawk, Talk and File
• Squawk- an Air Traffic Control (ATC) assigned discrete beacon code prior to and during flight
• Talk – aircraft must remain in two-way communications with ATC
• File – aircraft must be on an active IFR or VFR filed flight plan
4. What is the reservation process for gateway screening? The pilot/POC must contact the MSP-CC and provide the following information. Reservations will begin at 0001, February 1, 2018
a. Pilot/POC Name (First, Last)
b. Pilot/POC Phone #
c. Aircraft Tail #
d. Call sign
e. Aircraft Type
f. Estimated Departure Time
g. Gateway Airport/Location (select from drop down list)
h. Destination Airport Code (three letter identifier)
i. Will there be animals onboard?
j. Estimated number of PAX/Crew
k. Will there be females on the flight?
5. If I’m departing MSP or STP during the time the TFR is I effect, do I need to be screened? Yes
6. Can I have or Am I required to have an Armed Security Officer or Law Enforcement Officer onboard? No; This is a different operation from the DASSP
7. Who do I contact if I need to make a change to my flight notification information? Changes to previously submitted information must be relayed to MSP CC. Please be sure to reference your confirmation number
8. Does the reservation process guarantee that I will be screened at a specific time? While every attempt will be made to provide the screening at the time you indicated, screening at the gateway locations will be handled on a first come first served basis
9. What’s the size of the TFR? Approximately 30NM outer ring with a more restrictive 10 NM inner ring. We strongly recommend pilots check the NOTAMs. They can be found on the web at: http://tfr.faa.gov/tfr2/list.html
10. If I operate under a TSA approved security program, do I need to do additional screening at a gateway before entering or departing the TFR? The only TSA security programs authorized in the TFR without utilizing the gateway process are the AOSSP, FACAOSSP, TFSSP All Cargo, MSP and ACISP. PRIVATE CHARTER, TFSSP PASSENGER, and DASSP program holders ARE NOT AUTHORIZED in the TFR. They must go through the gateway process to depart while the TFR is in effect. An approved DASSP FBO cannot be used as a gateway for entering/exiting the SB LI TFR.
11. What are the prohibited items?
b. Firearms and ammunition
c. Incendiaries, excluding lighters and matches
d. Hazardous materials